Once you have received an email with your leased license information, and you are using QuickBooks Pro or Premier, the next step is to call Intuit to register these license(s) under your company information. Intuit requires that you contact them to register your license within 15 days.
Note: If you are using QuickBooks Enterprise, you do not need to follow these steps. Your license has already been registered under your company.
1. Call 800.316.1068, then enter your license number which was included in your license rental email. You will hear that an account could not be found and then you will be transferred to a representative.
2. If you have an account with Intuit, you can give them either your phone number or a previous license number so they can locate your account. Once located, they will be able to register your new license under your existing account and provide you with a validation code. Once they provide that to you, you are done!
3. If you do not have an account with Intuit, tell them you need to create a new account.
a. You will advise them your name, email address and phone number. As well as the company name and mailing address.
4. Finally, you can advise them of the license number supplied above, to add to your account.
5. Once given, they will place you on hold for a couple of minutes while creating your new Intuit account. When they return, they will give you a validation code for your license, Keep this number for your records.
6. When you have the validation code, you are done!
Things to keep in mind...
- If you have multiple license numbers issued for different companies/clients, each of the license numbers need to be registered under the respected company. You may need to have the representative create multiple new accounts.
- You DO NOT need to download anything upon registration.
- You do not need to enter anything into the software application on Swizznet. The software is setup with licenses provided to Swizznet for hosting - not your license numbers. It is up to you if you want to go through the process with Intuit support to update the license information to your rental license numbers in the Swizznet applications.
It is possible that the Intuit rep may advise that you need to update the software, or that you need to enter the validation code or the program will lock after 30 days. The Intuit rep may also advise that you now need to download some program in order to make things work. In both of these situations, this is NOT the case for using Swizznet systems unless you opt to enter your rental license numbers into the applications on Swizznet. If you opt to use our license information which comes pre-loaded by default, then no action is necessary, other than registering the license number with your company information.
If you opt to keep our license information in the applications, remember to use your rental license numbers in the event that you need to contact Intuit support.
Intuit may also send you a confirmation email of your registration. You do not need to send this to Swizznet, this is just for your records.
If you run into any trouble with this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know so that we can attempt to facilitate this registration for you.