Upon launching a Sage application you receive an error code that refers to the Pervasive SQL licensing, like the image below. This may be due to the current PSQL license having expired. Many times it is a temporary license that has expired.
Clients should reach out directly to their Sage partners for assistance in resolving this license error.
Sage Partners can follow the steps below to get this issue resolved:
1. If you're receiving a Pervasive SQL license expired message, log into an Administrator desktop session and launch the Pervasive Software License Administrator.
2. Uncheck 'Hide Expired,' if checked. This will display the expired license. A call Sage support will be needed to get a permanent key. The client's Sage Customer ID # will be needed for the call.
3. Sage support: 1-866-966-7243 Dial and select the technical support option. Say the product (Sage 300 Timberline in this case).
4. Once connected with a support agent, you will need to provide client's Sage Customer ID #, and request a permanent Pervasive license be assigned.
5. You will be given a permanent key to put in the "Key" field. Once entered, select "Authorize."
6. You'll see the new license appear below. Permanent keys will always take precedence over temporary keys, so the error message will go away.