Applies to: Citrix Receiver or Workspace users.
Prerequisites: Account configured for MFA by Swizznet-Submit a Support Request.
Swizznet now has the option of using the Microsoft Authenticator app on mobile devices for MFA.
THIS ONLY WORKS WITH THE MICROSOFT APP. 3RD PARTY APPS (AUTHY, GOOGLE, ETC) DO NOT WORK.
A user must already be enrolled in MFA to sign in to the portal as it will require a phone call to them to authenticate.
- Go to https://mfa.swizznet.com
- Enter your Swizznet username and password.
- Answer the phone call and press '#' to authenticate.
- Answer the security questions. Use the drop downs to select different questions.
- Click on Activate Mobile App, then 'Generate Activation Code'.
- Open Microsoft Authenticator on your device. Click the 'Add' or '+' button.
- Select 'Work or School account' and then 'Scan QR code'.
- Scan the QR code from the https://mfa.swizznet.com page. Then click 'Complete Activation'.
- You can now enable a one-time bypass, good for 5 minutes... (this is handy if you don't have access to your phone)
...select your default MFA Method...
...Change your phone number and/or setup a backup phone number...
...or change your Security Questions.
- Congratulations, your mobile app MFA is now set up. This should display a notification on your phone that you can simply click 'Accept' on. No more phone calls or replying with a 6-digit code.