Applies to: Citrix Receiver or Workspace users.
Prerequisites: Account configured for MFA by Swizznet-Submit a Support Request.
Swizznet now has the option of using the Microsoft Authenticator app on mobile devices for MFA.
THIS ONLY WORKS WITH THE MICROSOFT APP. 3RD PARTY APPS (AUTHY, GOOGLE, ETC) DO NOT WORK.
A user must already be enrolled in MFA to sign in to the portal as it will require a phone call to them to authenticate.
- Go to https://mfa.swizznet.com
- Enter your Swizznet username and password.
- Answer the phone call and press '#' to authenticate.
- Answer the security questions. Use the drop downs to select different questions.
- Select Activate Mobile App on the left menu, then 'Generate Activation Code'.
- Open Microsoft Authenticator on your device. Click the 'Add' or '+' button.
- Select 'Work or School account' and then 'Scan QR code'.
- Scan the QR code from the https://mfa.swizznet.com page. Then click 'Complete Activation'.
- select your default MFA Method...
- Congratulations, your mobile app MFA is now set up. This should display a notification on your phone that you can simply click 'Accept' on. No more phone calls or replying with a 6-digit code.
- Change your phone number and/or setup a backup phone number. Only if you need to.
- You can now enable a one-time bypass, good for 5 minutes... (this is handy if you don't have access to your phone but not required)
Change your Security Questions if you need to.
Article is closed for comments.