As of March 30th, 2023, American Express will change to American Express Card - QBDT in the list of financial institutions you can select to connect a bank feed to your QuickBooks company file.
You'll need to disconnect your old account connection, and reconnect it under the financial institution's new title (American Express Card - QBDT).
If you're a Delegate User and Non-Account Holder authorized to connect accounts to Intuit products, you'll need to connect with the American Express Delegate provider.
Prepare to Switch to Express Web Connect
- Make sure you've updated to your product's latest release and created a backup of the company file you're working with.
- In your top menu bar, go to File, Switch to Single-user Mode, Company, then My Company.
- Sign in to the Intuit Account if prompted. In the event you haven't created one yet, or need to recover your user ID and password, you can do so anytime.
- Delete pending online payments and/or checks.
- Add and match previously downloaded transactions.
Disconnect Your American Express Account
- In the top menu bar, go to Lists, then Chart of Accounts.
- Right-click an account you want to turn off and choose Edit Account.
- Go to Bank Settings.
- Turn on Deactivate all online services, hit OK, then select Save & Close.
Disconnecting your account will make sure you don't have any discrepancies. Next, you can reconnect the American Express account.