When moving QuickBooks files to the system, create a full backup copy of the file to move to Swizznet and then restore to your Z drive. DO NOT MOVE LIVE QUICKBOOKS FILES.
- On your computer, open My Computer. Double click on your local (C:) drive. Click File, then click New, and select New Folder. Name the new folder Swizznet.
- Open the Swizznet folder you created and then open a second instance of My Computer, keeping the Swizznet folder window open as well.
- Browse through your computer and copy all the files you wish to move to Swizznet into the Swizznet folder. For QuickBooks files - create a full backup of the file to your Swizznet folder to move to the system - do not move your live QuickBooks file.
- When completed, login to Swizznet. Click on the Windows Explorer icon in the applications box on your Swizznet Virtual Desktop to launch the Windows Explorer.
- A Citrix Client File Security box may appear. Select Full Access and select Never Ask Me Again then Click OK.
- On the left hand side of the Windows Explorer window, click on the Local Disk C - this is your local computers (C:) drive.
- Click on the Swizznet folder.
- Select the files you would like to move to Swizznet and copy and paste them to your Swizznet (Z:) drive - ‘Your Company Name’ (Z:). If you are moving QuickBooks files, copy the backup copy to your Swizznet (Z:) drive then open QuickBooks and restore the file to your (Z:) Drive.
- Using the Windows Explorer on Swizznet you can move files back and forth from your local computer to your Swizznet (Z:) drive.
Do not open files from the Windows Explorer - to open files, first open the application on Swizznet and then open the file you want to work in from that applications open file screen.
Article is closed for comments.