To move QuickBooks files to the system, follow the steps below. DO NOT MOVE LIVE QUICKBOOKS FILES.
- On your computer, open My Computer. Double click on your local (C:) drive. Click File, then click New, and select New Folder. Name the new folder Swizznet.
- Open QuickBooks on your local computer and open the QuickBooks file that you would like to move to Swizznet. Go to File>Create Backup and save the backup to the Swizznet folder you just created under your (C:) drive. Once the backup has completed close out of that company file. Create backups of any other QB files you'd like to move to the system to that same folder. When finished, exit out of QuickBooks on your local computer.
NOTE: f you are converting a QuickBooks for Mac file, see the Intuit website for file conversion instructions to create the backup file to move to the system.
- When completed, login to Swizznet. Click on the File Explorer icon in the applications box on your Swizznet Virtual Desktop to launch the File Explorer.
- A Citrix Client File Security box may appear. Select Full Read/Write Access and select Never Ask Me Again then Click OK.
- On the left hand side of the File Explorer window, click on Local Disk C - this is your local computers (C:) drive.
- Click on the Swizznet folder you created in step 1.
- Select the QuickBooks backup files you created and copy and paste them to your Swizznet (Z:) drive - "your company name" (Z:). This is the drive listed first in File Explorer.
- Once the backup files have been copied to your Z drive, open QuickBooks and select restore a company file. In the look in drop down box, select your Swizznet Z drive. When asked where to save the restores file, be sure to select your (Z:) Drive.
- Your file will then be restored. You will see a prompt to either allow or deny access to SmartVault - if you do not have a SmartVault account, simply select No Access and you will not be prompted again. If you have a SmartVault account, select to give it access and click OK.
- Now that your file has been restored you can begin working normally on the system in your QuickBooks file.
NOTE: If you have custom templates associated with your QuickBooks file you'll want to go to the location of the QuickBooks file on your local computer and find the custom templates and copy those to your Swizznet transfers folder and then copy them to the same location as your restored QuickBooks file on Swizznet.
Do not open files from the File Explorer - to open files, first open the application on Swizznet and then open the file you want to work in from that applications open file screen.