Due to licensing requirements QuickBooks can only export to Excel 2003. This means that all Excel files that you want to export into need to be saved in the Excel 97-2003 workbook format.
If QuickBooks freezes or gives you an error that the application is busy when trying to export from QuickBooks into an existing Excel file try the following:
- Open the Excel on your Swizznet Virtual Desktop
- Open the Excel file that you would like to export into from QuickBooks
- Go to Save As
- Select to save the file to the location of your choosing on your Swizznet Z drive. In the Save As type drop down, select Excel 97-2003 Workbook and then click Save. Due to licensing requirements QuickBooks can only export to Excel 2003. This means that all Excel files that you want to export into need to be saved in the Excel 97-2003 workbook format.
- Exit out of Excel and go back to your QuickBooks file and try exporting again to this new version of your excel file that you created.
- If QuickBooks is frozen due to the earlier failed attempt to export into the excel file, double click on the blue Citrix icon in the system tray next to the clock on your local computer to bring up the Citrix Connection Center. In the left hand section click on the plus sign next to the servers listed until you find the one that has QuickBooks. Select the folder that has QuickBooks under it and click Log Off. Once the system logs you off of QuickBooks click Close to close the Citrix Connection Center.