If you use the Intuit Sync Manager to connect to outside application, you'll want to follow these simple steps to start the connection whenever you login to your file or when you want to sync:
- Open QuickBooks and login to your company file as the admin user.
- Go to File>Sync>Start Sync Now
The Sync Manager will then open and being sync'ing your data. You will see the icon in your system tray (usually by your clock). Going forward you will want to be sure to always use the Admin user in your file - when you login with this user the sync manager will start automatically when you open your file. If you have to use another user, then you will need to manually start the sync manager each time you open your file by going to File>Sync>Start Sync Now.
In the event that you are having trouble with the sync manager follow these steps to reset the sync manager:
- Go to help menu and find “Manage data sync”
- Click on reset sync manager
- Intuit login prompt will appear, login with your Intuit account login info. If you do not know the password, you can click on the forgot password link
- Wait for the sync to complete
In some cases, resetting the sync manager doesn’t work.
- Go back to the help menu and instead of “Manage data sync” I choose to “clear sync”
- Once the sync has been cleared, go to File and setup Sync Manager
- Login using your Intuit account and proceed with the setup wizard
- The sync will then complete