When trying to save a file (Excel, Quickbooks Backup, Word, PDF, etc) to your local drive, please follow the instructions below.
Instructions on creating your file from within Quickbooks:
Exporting to Excel: Export Report to Excel
Print or save to PDF: Save to PDF
Create a Quickbooks Backup: Create Backup
Note: DO NOT SAVE TO THE DEFAULT LOCATION! That saves it to a server location that you will not have access to in the future.
1. Once you have created the document that you are working on, choose to Save As so that it will bring up a Save As Dialogue box.
2. In that Save As dialogue box, go to the Computer icon on the left side and then choose Local Disk (C: on Your Computer Name here). Verify that your computer name is listed to make sure you're accessing your own computer.
3. Navigate to the location where you want to save the file. If you've created a Swizznet folder directly on your C drive, you can save the document there. If you need to save in your desktop or My Documents folder, you'll need to navigate to Users/your username/Desktop (or My Documents)
4. Name your file and hit save.
If you plan on saving to your My Documents or Desktop folder often, you can create a shortcut to it on your Z: drive with these instructions:
1. Within the Save As dialogue box or your Windows Explorer for Open Office, navigate to your preferred save location
2. Right-click on the folder and create a shortcut
3. Right-click on the shortcut you just created and Cut it, then navigate back to your Z drive and Paste the shortcut there.