Applies to: All versions and editions of QuickBooks Desktop.
To keep your file running fast and optimally we recommend making a complete backup with verification. While we backup your files via external backup systems, you still should backup your QuickBooks file via the method below AT LEAST once per month. Backing up your file this way will check your files for errors and reset your TLG file - if you do not do this, your file can become very slow and develop errors over time.
- Open your QuickBooks file as the Admin user and in Single-User mode.
- Select File>Back Up Company>Create Local Backup
- Select Next
- Click Browse and select to save the file to your Z drive. Confirm that Complete verification is selected and click OK.
- On the next screen select Use this Location
- Select to Save it now and click Next.
- Click OK
- Click Save to confirm the Location
- Your file will then backup. Once completed, click OK. If the program finds errors during this process it will ask you to rebuild your file - follow the prompts to complete this process.