There are a couple different scenarios when you come across this issue.
- The scenario I had is TimberScan. This client upgraded TimberScan and installed it in a different directory with a different executable file.
- I modified the current TimberScan and pointed it to the new executable file and below is the problem
- Symptoms: I deleted the shortcuts in C:\Users\COMPUTER NAME\AppData\Local\Cloud Workspace\Remote Applications > logged into CWS > the shortcuts would be recreated.
- The original shortcut was located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\TimberScan.net.exe.
- I had to create a shortcut from the installation directory to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\TimberScan.exe
- Since this is the same program TimberScan I had to login to https://manage.cloudworkspace.com > unpublish TimberScan from all users > deleted the original app listed in the apps section > added a new Timberscan app > pointed it to the new C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\TimberScan.exe file > publish to all users > and then follow the rest of this KB for removing the shortcuts. Which resolved the problem
When there are duplicate shortcuts in the Application Section of the Cloud Workspace App you will need to connect to the affected users computer and open their local File Explorer. This folder location is on the users computer and not the remote desktop
Navigate to: C:\Users\COMPUTER NAME\AppData\Local\Cloud Workspace\Remote Applications
Delete the shortcuts you don't want to be displayed
Log out of Swizznet and log back in
You should only see the one shortcut now.
In the Applications Section you should only see the one app